A game is the complete exploration of freedom within a restrictive environment. — Vineet Raj Kapoor
As noticed in recent times, many cross-platform games like Hell Let Loose, Chivalry 2, and Overwatch 2 are gaining huge popularity across the world. This is due to the developers’ inclusion of a cross-platform feature in these games.
One such unique zombie apocalypse game is 7 Days to Die. It is in high demand among gamers due to its fast and engaging gameplay.
But is 7 Days to Die cross platform? This is a frequently asked question among the players. Here, we are going to answer this query, along with other relevant information about the game.
Is 7 Days to Die Crossplay Across All Platforms?
Similar to several other popular games like Black Ops 3 and Gang Beasts cross-platform, 7 Days to Die is also partially cross-platform. This means it supports cross-play compatibility between some limited platforms only. Here, you can play with your friends cross-platform only if one of you owns a PS4 while the other has an Xbox One.
Unfortunately, the feature has not been enabled on any other platform. So, if you have a PC and want to play with someone who has another console like PS4, PS5, Xbox One, or Xbox Series X/S, then currently, there is no way to enjoy this zombie-filled survival game.
Apart from that, Seven Days to Die does not have a mobile or Nintendo Switch version available as of now. Not only this, but the game is also not cross-gen, i.e., it needs to be supported between PS4 & PS5 and between Xbox One & Xbox Series X/S.
Future Possibilities for 7 Days to Die Crossplay
Is 7 Days to Die crossplay possible in the future? Now, most game lovers will have the same question. As per the numerous hints given by Fun Pimps Entertainment, the developer of the game, there is hope for the same. The two shreds of evidence shared below give a clearer picture regarding this:
- Potential Improvements: As suggested by various posts made by the game developers on their forums, the team is exploring various new features, including full cross-platform gaming. This means there is a high chance that, in the future, we will be able to play 7 Days to Die across different compatible devices. This will add new dimensions to the game and make it more exciting.
- Fresh Launch of the Game: Apart from the introduction of new features, the game developers also dropped a hint of a fresh launch of the game with updated graphics and top-notch performance in its next-generation versions on the Xbox Series X/S and PS5 console. This reflects higher possibilities of cross-platform features in 7 Days to Die Soon.
Note: The developers have not set any time limits yet to make these improvements. So, it’s advised to keep an eye on the updates and announcements released by the developers on their official handles.
What Makes 7 Days to Die so Popular?
7 Days to Die is a horrific zombie survival game with exciting features, realistic visuals, and fast gameplay that tests your strategic thinking and reflexes.
As the game begins, you have to start looking for resources and farm your food while staying alive. As you start surviving for a longer period, the difficulty level becomes higher. Different variants of zombies start appearing with different weapons and powers. Then another screamer shows up; if you kill him, he will summon more zombies.
Apart from the zombies, other players in the lobby can also cause trouble to you if you play online. Surviving is not just the aim here, you also have to manage all your resources carefully. This all makes the zombie apocalypse too much fun, challenging, and popular.
Also Read: Is Red Dead Online Cross Platform?
Benefits of 7 Days to Die Cross Platform
Is 7 days to die crossplay beneficial for gamers and developers? Undoubtedly, the launch of such a feature will not only enhance the gaming experience for the players but will also generate more demand for the developers. Here are numerous advantages of crossplay discussed below:
- Enhance Social Interaction: The most important advantage that the cross-platform feature would enable in the game is connecting friends and fellow gamers to play together no matter which platform they have. This will promote social interaction among them, allow them to share their gaming experiences, and make the game more interesting and fun.
- Larger Player Base: This feature would bring a huge player base to the game, which provides diverse and challenging matchmaking and improves the gaming experience. Apart from this, a giant pool of players would also promote multiplayer mode sessions, connect people from different time zones, and understand various play styles and strategies.
- Platform Synergy: The introduction of cross-platform in the 7 Days to Die will encourage players to explore different features of the platform and the game. This becomes a word of mouth for the gaming industry and increases the demand for such content, which further encourages developers to create more exciting, fun, and challenging games.
- Better Matchmaking: By offering a larger player base through cross-platform, the game will support improved matchmaking with higher efficiency and within less time. The overall gaming experience becomes more thrilling and fun if you have a suitable opponent or teammate.
- Longevity of the Game: With the development of cross-platform in 7 Days to Die, the longevity of the game will also extend. This will keep players engaged and excited to play for a longer period and stop them from switching to other competitive games.
Furthermore, a cross-play game will save the Fun Pimps resources and time because they will only have to develop a single codebase, which will speed up the launch process.
Also Read: Is Dead Island 2 Crossplay/Cross Platform?
In this article, we discussed one of the most anticipated questions in the gaming community: is 7 Days to Die cross platform or not? We got to know that the feature is limited to only PS4 and Xbox One.
This might be because of the complex and expensive procedure of developing the game as cross-platform. In some cases, political and marketing factors also limit the developers from doing so. However, there is a high chance that 7 Days to Die crossplay will be introduced in the future.
Ans: Yes, you can play 7 Days to Die on PS5 with only the latest software. Some features that are available on the PS4 will also be missing here.
Ans: You can cross-platform the game only between the consoles, but not with a PC and another gaming device.
Ans: As of now, Seven Days to Die does not cross-play between PC and PS4/PS5. This is difficult to implement because of the differences in the game versions across these platforms.
Ans: Yes, the game cross-platform between PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles, but the feature is not yet supported in the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S consoles.
Ans: Currently, there is no mobile version of the game launched by the developers.
Ans: No, the game is not cross-generation as of now, which means old-gen players can’t team up or battle against new-gen console players.
Ans: No cross-progression is supported by the game currently. Hence, your progress, in-game items, and saved files can’t be transferred to another platform.