Are you tired of constantly misplacing your TCL ROKU TV remote? Luckily, there are alternative methods on how to turn on TCL ROKU TV without remote. In this guide, we will go through the simple steps needed to power your TCL ROKU TV using just a few basic tools you probably already have at home. Whether it’s a lost remote or a dead battery, these methods will help ensure you never miss out on your favorite shows and movies again. Keep reading to learn how!
How to Turn on TCL ROKU TV without Remote
A few tricks can help you turn your TV on without the remote. One of the easiest ways is if your TCL TV was previously connected to a familiar network. This makes the process even easier and quicker.
Powering Up TCL ROKU TV Using Mobile Application (Familiar WIFI Network)
Powering up your TCL ROKU TV using a mobile application is an easy and convenient way to get started with streaming. With the help of your smartphone, you can quickly connect to your familiar WIFI network and control your TV settings without fumbling with buttons on a remote control. Here are the steps to power up your TCL ROKU TV using the mobile app.
- The first step in controlling your TCL ROKU TV using a mobile application is connecting your smartphone to your TV’s wireless network. This ensures that both devices are on the same page and can communicate effectively.
- Once you have connected, head over to the Google PlayStore or Apple App Store, depending on the operating system of your device. Search for the “ROKU Mobile Application” and download it onto your phone.
- Once you have downloaded it, open it up and select your TCL ROKU television from the list of available devices. Next, click the remote option to turn on your device.
- This process is much more convenient than manually searching for a remote control or fumbling around with buttons on the television.
You may think how to connect Roku to Wifi without a remote; we have covered some info on this. You can also check this out.
Turning on TCL ROKU TV Using Mobile Application (Un-Familiar WIFI Network)
Things can get tricky if the wireless network is no longer available. But there’s no need to worry, as there are ways to connect your TCL ROKU TV to a different wireless network. One of the easiest methods is using an SSID and password of the wireless network to which your TV is connected.
You can use the mobile hotspot of another device to turn on your TCL Roku TV and change the WIFI network as you want.
Now, how can you do that? Follow these steps
- Turn on the hotspot feature of your mobile phone.
- Now, configure your mobile hotspot with the same SSID and password as the previous network that you were connected to. This will ensure that your TV can seamlessly connect to the internet without any issues.
- When your TCL ROKU TV is connected to your mobile hotspot, it’s time to download the ROKU TV app from the store. Simply open your phone’s app store (Google Play Store or Apple App Store) and search for “ROKU TV.
- Select your ROKU TCL TV from the available list of devices on the ROKU app.
- After selecting your device, open up the remote from the settings menu within the app. Once you have done this, press the power button on your mobile device and wait for it to connect with your TCL ROKU TV.
- Navigate to “Settings” and change your wireless network settings on your TCL Roku TV. If you do that, you no longer have to worry about constantly reconnecting whenever you use it with a mobile hotspot.
Turning on TCL ROKU TV Using Ethernet Port
While having a TCL ROKU TV and an ethernet port on your TV, you can easily connect to your home network and enjoy your favorite content from the internet. Using an Ethernet port is an easy process that requires no technical knowledge; here’s how to do that:
- To get started, you’ll need to connect the LAN cable of your wireless network to your TCL ROKU TV using an Ethernet port. This will ensure a strong and stable connection for streaming content.
- Once you’ve connected, it’s also time to connect your mobile phone.
- Now, download the ROKU TV mobile application from the Playstore App Store onto your smartphone.
- Once downloaded and installed, open the app and select your TCL ROKU TV from the list of available devices.
- That’s the end; you are ready to control all the TV functions.
Losing or misplacing the remote of your TCL Roku TV can be a headache for someone, but it should not prevent you from enjoying your favorite shows. The steps are outlined above on how to turn on TCL ROKU TV without remote. But we would still recommend that you find a replacement for your lost or faulty remote as soon as possible to enjoy all the features of your TCL Roku TV. You don’t have to worry about missing out on anything without a remote. So go ahead and put these steps into practice the next time you can’t find your remote!
Can We Control TCL ROKU TV With IR Blaster?
Unfortunately, there is no way to control the TCL Roku TV with an IR blaster. The ROKU OS remote communicates directly with the TV’s internal hardware.
What is TCL ROKU TV?
TCL Roku TV is a streaming device that allows users to watch their favorite shows and movies on their big screen. It has a built-in streaming player, so you don’t need your computer or phone to watch your content. TCL Roku TV also has a built-in voice search feature to easily find what you want to watch.
Does Roku have a power button?
Roku does not have a power button. The Roku device powers on automatically when plugged into an electrical outlet.
What does TCL do?
TCL is a telecommunications company headquartered in the United Kingdom. It operates a telephone network and provides voice, broadband, fixed line, and mobile services. TCL was founded in 1882 and acquired by France’s Alcatel-Lucent in 2006.